Tomato Barbecue Sauce 1
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 or 2 jalapeno or serrano chillies, minced
- 1 dried Guajillo chili, seeded and ground
- 1 tbs cumin seed, ground
- 1 tbs coriander seed, ground
- 1 tsp mustard seed, ground
- 1/8 cup ground paprika
Had no fresh chilies, so put in two dried cayenne peppers
Had no paprika
Sauce done and in fridge, will do meat tonight or tomorrow.
Combine the sauce in a pan, and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
Keep at a low simmer for at least 10 minutes, stirring frequently enough
that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
It can be used immediately, or it can be cooled and stored in the fridge
for use later.