Chef John's Sloppy Chickens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I used fish sauce instead)
1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- hamburger buns
Add vegetable oil to a saucepan. Then add ingredients in the order they are listed, up through hot sauce. Put over high heat until it starts to sizzle, then add the water.
Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours.
Add the peppers and cook for about 5 more minutes.
Serve on hamburger buns.
Originally from Chef John of foodwishes.com. This is so easy and makes a ton of food. It tastes a bit sweet and sour.