Corn Pudding with Smoky Poblanos
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and allowed to cool
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 16 oz frozen corn (no need to thaw)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
Broil the poblanos, then remove the skins and seeds.
Set oven to 350*F. Grease a 9x9 baking dish.
Mix milk, cream, eggs, flour, butter, and salt first. Then stir in
the corn, cheese, and roasted peppers.
Pour in the pan and bake until slightly puffed, golden around the edges,
and set, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Garnish with chopped chives.
I've only made this once so far. It's very rich, but also very tasty.